Boppy Pillow is a must have for any mom with a new baby. My oldest step-daughter is having a little boy and I couldn’t wait to get her one of these since she will be breast feeding with this one. I recently found this great article from ParentsNeed about the advantages of breastfeeding, it’s a great read if you are considering it. She is a busy mom of two and anything we can find that would make breast-feeding easier and more comfortable is a must have. Baby won’t be here until late December or January but the Boppy will made a great holiday gift for her.
I love the designs they come in. I wanted to get something neutral but they have a ton of designs that you can choose from. The cover can be removed for easy washing which is nice if you are using it for feeding.
One thing that I love about Boppy is that they are dedicated to the education of safe sleeping for babies. Boppy Pillow should be used for breastfeeding, bottle feeding, propping, tummy time and sitting. The Boppy Pillow is not recommended for sleeping.
Here are some Safe Sleep Tips for Baby:
- Place your baby’s separate, safe sleep space near your bed. No bed sharing!
- Use a crib that meets current safety standards. The mattress should be firm and fit snuggly in the crib.
- Do not put anything soft, loose or fluffy in your baby’s sleep space.
- Never place your baby to sleep on top of any soft surface. This includes adult beds, sofas, chairs, waterbeds, pillows (This includes Boppy Pillows), cushions, comforters and sheepskins.
- Never expose your baby to cigarette smoke.
- Always place your baby on his back. Side and tummy positions are not safe.
- Always put your baby in a wearable blanket when sleeping – even for naps.
Boppy Pillows make great holiday gifts for any expectant moms. They have a variety of style that are sure to fit the needs of any mom’s decor and they are great for feeding and tummy time for baby. If you have any new or expectant moms on your list make sure to check out Boppy Pillows.
Learn more about their Safe Sleep Education Kit for Daycare centers Here.
Read about the advantages of breastfeeding from ParentsNeed!
Disclosure: Parenting In Progress receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 225: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”