No Summer is complete without fresh citrus and a great glass of Lemonade. One of my favorite brands is True Citrus. They have a huge line of great drink mixes and seasonings that make Summer refreshing. I love a great glass of lemonade on a hot sunny day and True Citrus has so many flavors to choose from that you can try new flavors and find the perfect refreshing Summer drink.
All True Citrus Products:
- are made with ingredients that you can pronounce
- are made with citrus juices and oils (which is what gives them their fresh-squeezed taste)
- have low calories (0 to 10 calories per serving)
- have low sugar (0 to 1 gram per serving)
- contain NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, preservatives, gluten or sodium
You can find some really great recipes on the True Citrus website that will make some yummy treats for Summer. These are a couple of our favorites.
True Lemon Blueberry Smoothie:
1-1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1 banana, sliced
1 scoop of protein powder
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup oatmeal
1 tbsp ground flax
3 tbsp honey
1 cup almond milk
2 packets of True Lemon
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until liquefied, adjust consistency with milk or ice.
They also have some great seasonings. This was new to me, I was only familiar with their drink mixes. I love cooking with citrus so I was really excited to try these out. They have some great recipes that we are going to try out. We tried it on our chicken though this weekend and yum! It’s amazing.
True Orange Ginger Sesame Stir Fry:
For the stir-fry:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups vegetables (such as chopped broccoli, thinly sliced carrots, thinly sliced onions, thinly sliced peppers, whole snap or snow peas)
- 1 cup kale
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (or nama shoyu gluten-free sauce)
- 3-4 ounces cooked protein of your choice (scrambled eggs, sautéed tempeh or tofu, grilled chicken, fish or shrimp)
- optional garnishes: fresh cilantro, fresh watercress, and sesame seeds. Also, you may serve this over rice if you prefer.
For the orange-ginger sesame sauce:
- ½ cup organic tahini
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or nama shoyu for gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons True Orange Ginger Spice Blend
- 1/4 cup hot water to thin
- In a medium-hot skillet, add coconut oil to grease the pan, followed by vegetables, garlic, soy sauce, sea salt, and cook until vegetables are tender and cooked through. This should take about eight minutes. Add cooked protein of choice to warm through.
- In the meantime, make the sauce. Whisk together all ingredients for the sauce in a mixing bowl. Store sauce in an airtight glass container for up to one week if made in larger batches, otherwise pour completely in the stir-fry.
- To serve, simply pour the sauce on top of the vegetable and protein stir-fry, lightly tossing to coat entire pan. Adjust sea salt to taste and adjust water depending on how thick you enjoy the sauce. Top with optional garnishes to serve. Enjoy warm. (Serves 4)
Find more great recipes on the True Citrus Website.
Learn More & Refresh Your Summer Today:
Visit the True Citrus site today for more info & where to buy!
Disclosure: Parenting In Progress receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 225: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”