The design of your living room should allow enough space since your family will spend most of their time there. Also, you should realize that the family room is the first point of contact for many of your visitors. This makes it one of the busiest places in your house and thus, you should prepare it to accommodate the flurry of activities that are bound to take place here.
You need to consider streamlining your living room to not only accommodate the required functions but also to resonate with your design and fashion. The furniture and other items in the room should be placed in strategic positions to enhance the comfort of every individual while creating more free space. There are easily implementable ways that you can use to declutter your living room and maximize its functionality. Here, we’ll highlight these home hacks that will simplify your life and allow you to make the most out of your living room! They include:
Streamline Your Movie Storage
Your DVDs and CDs are usually in bulk storage boxes which takes up immense space. You need to replace them with a paper envelope that can fit many of the CDs with much more flexibility. You can place them inside the cabinets which will further free up space for other things.
Improve your Living Room Layout
In cases where your living room is multipurpose and there is limited space, you need to have creative ways of utilizing the space maximally. You can start by implementing the following:
- Sofa Sleeve. This is an excellent substitute for side tables. While you may find it courteous to provide a side table for every seat, you’ll realize that the design will require a lot of space. If your space is limited, you’ll end up with a congested living room! However, you can give your family and visitors the same comfort using the sofa sleeves to rest their drink while allowing more space for other items.
Source: Francois et Moi
- DIY Sofa Table. This offers a brilliant solution to the tight couch layout that has taken up lots of your space. You’re required to acquire a sofa table that’s skinny enough to fit behind the couch. The table will be helpful for keeping your remotes, accessories, lamps, and drinks.
Source: East Coast Creative
- Desk behind Couch. When you need an office or gaming table, you may experience challenges especially if you have limited space. This feature offers the much-needed solution by allowing you to place the desk behind the couch thus allowing comfort while creating more space for your room.
Source: Pink Peonies
- Nesting Board Game Tables. You do not desire to deny your family the opportunity to play games due to space challenges. If they really enjoy it, then you can reward them with this table. It occupies little space and allows multiple games to be played at ago.
Source: Fussy Monkey Business
Include Hidden Storage
Adding hidden storage to your living room will help you resolve your space challenges. It will offer extra storage for the extra item. You can achieve this by:
- Rolling Storage Ottoman. This offers an incredibly designed coffee table that will serve two purposes. It offers storage space for extra pillows and blankets. The project requires little time to complete.
- Rolling Storage Seat. This is a crucial inclusion in your living room especially if your house doubles up as a playroom. The rolling storage seats will offer an excellent solution for corralling toys while offering more seats for those watching a movie or gaming. They are highly portable and you can wheel them wherever you wish.
Source: That’s My Letter via Pretty Handy Girl
- Crate Storage Ottoman. If you’re residing in a building that is not your forte, then you’ll need this product since it has pre-made features that will provide more storage features. The crates are expertly compartmented to store as many items as you can!
Source: Mon Makes Things
Gather the Little Stuff Together
If you do not organize the little stuff, you’ll end up with a cluttered house. You should find an ideal method of gathering them together and storing them in a single storage compartment which will be instrumental in regaining the glamor of your living room. This how you can do it:
- Invest in a Magazine Holder. Do not let books and magazines over-run your living room! If you have inadequate space, you can have a sizeable magazine holder that’s moveable as the need arises.
Source: A Beautiful Mess
- Remote Controls. Put the remotes in decorative boxes to prevent misplacing them. The boxes can be placed on a coffee table or even a side table!
Source: The Tastefull Life
- Video Game Control Storage. These devices can clutter your house if you fail to store them properly.