*This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Nutrisystem Week 46 Update:
Weight Loss this Week: -4.2 Total Weight Loss: -142.8
My Nutrisystem Journey:
Yay! I am back on track with my Nutrisystem Plan. It’s so exciting to see that 4-pound loss this week after two weeks of hardly any loss at all. I am within 8 pounds of my year-end goal and I am so excited. Time to buckle down and stick to it so I can reach my 150-pound goal by Christmas. It’s always exciting to see the results you expect and see your hard work pay off. It’s also so good to know that Nutrisystem is still working for me when I follow the plan as directed. It’s a great plan that has worked for me all year long. It’s not always easy to eat healthily and follow the plan but when you do it works.
So part of meeting my go is going to be getting through all the holiday parties without cheating on my diet plan. If I am going to reach my goal I am going to have to stay strictly on plan even with all the yummy foods all around me. This is going to be tough! I love to bake and cook so I spend a lot of time in the kitchen during the holidays. We also go to a lot of different holiday parties that will have lots of food. So I was on a mission to find some healthy recipes to take with me to holiday parties to help stick to the plan.
One thing I have learned on Nutrisystem is that I don’t have to give up eating foods I love I just need to do it in a healthy and moderate way. So as long as I devise a plan I should be able to get through the holidays and still lose weight. I didn’t lose very much the week of Thanksgiving but I also didn’t gain anything which is a miracle for me. The thing I love most about Nutrisystem is that I feel like I can still live my life like I always have just a few minor changes. So this week I was on the lookout for some recipes that we would love but won’t ruin my diet. Of course, the leaf is the first plan I looked.
Tips & Tricks:
I love the Leaf for finding healthy options when it comes to recipes. They have a bunch to choose from and they are easy to make. Everything you need to make something yummy to take to all those holiday parties so you can join in the fun.
Air Fryer Spiced Nuts:
Servings: Makes 8 servings
Calories per Serving: 98
On Nutrisystem, Count As 1 PowerFuel
- 1 cup nuts (walnuts, pecans, and almonds)
- 1 Tbsp. egg white
- ½ Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 packet stevia
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat air fryer to 300° F.
- In a small bowl, combine cinnamon, stevia, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine nuts and egg whites.
- Mix together the nut mixture with the spice mixture.
- Place in air fryer basket and bake for 10 minutes. Stir and then bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow nuts to cool completely before eating.
Peppermint White Hot Chocolate:
Calories per Serving: 188
On Nutrisystem, Count As: 1 PowerFuel and 3 Extras
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 Tbsp. white chocolate
- ½ Tbsp. water
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
- ¼ cup fat-free cool whip
- In a small saucepan, heat white chocolate and water on medium-high. Stir until melted.
- Pour in milk ½ cup at a time, stir to incorporate.
- Add peppermint extract.
- Heat and stir until the desired temperature is reached.
- Pour hot chocolate into a mug.
- Top with cool whip.
Pecan Pie Fall Fudge:
Servings: 9 (1 Piece)
Calories per Serving: 102
On Nutrisystem, Count As 3 Extras
- ¾ cup pecans
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. maple extract
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Stevia, to taste
- Add pecans to a food processor and puree until a smooth paste is formed. This may take several minutes.
- Then, add coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, maple extract, cinnamon, and puree again until fully combined. Taste mixture and add stevia if desired.
- Spoon 1 Tbsp. of the mixture into the openings of a silicone ice cube tray.
- Place in the freezer to set for at least 60 minutes. When ready to consume, eat as is or let sit on the counter for a few minutes to thaw.
Read my entire journey here.
Disclosure: Parenting In Progress receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 225: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”