Insomnia is disrupted sleep or the inability to sleep peacefully at night which drains the energy making you feel fatigued and affecting the functioning of the body during the day. Insomnia can be acute chronic. Where acute insomnia lasts for a few days or weeks, chronic insomnia can last for months. It can be caused by multiple emotional and physical reasons such as anxiety, stress, unhealthy lifestyle or even some medical causes.
But insomnia can be treated and cured for good by following some simple steps.
- Follow a bed regime – Creating a comfortable and cozy sleep environment can support your biological clock. Darkroom, no noise, and no light can stimulate the body and mind into a rest phase leading to good sleep.
- Exercise – Working out energizes both the body and mind. Exercising in the morning regularly will promote a healthy lifestyle keeping you active during the day. This will, in turn, prepare your body for a calm and relaxed sleep during the night
- No Screen-time – Staying away from mobiles is of utmost importance in today’s digital life. You need to keep away your mobiles at least 30mins before going to bed. This time slowly calms the mind, gives rest to the eyes and induces sleep. Remember, it is difficult for an active mind to conceive the signs of sleep.
- No sugar & alcohol – Late evening sugar in tea and coffee can disrupt sleep. Alcohol is yet another beverage that adversely affects the body cycle.
- Proper nutrients–Magnesium is one of the major elements required for food sleep. Lack of magnesium needs to be tackled with rich food such as
- Medication – In case of Chronic insomnia, medical help may be required. It is extremely important to follow the doctor’s recommendations and take proper medications for complete cure.
- CBD – CBD is cannabidiol an extract of the cannabis plant. There are many benefits of CBD for insomnia, reduce pain and anxiety. This, in turn, helps induce calmness and improves sleep quality. CBD helps interacts with body cells and stimulates alertness in the body during the day increasing daytime performance. CBD is available in various forms as supplements, syrup, beverages etc. However, it should be taken only after consultation from a doctor in the prescribed form and doses.
Insomnia may be a common problem but its solutions are not too difficult. Few changes in your routine life can help you get that good night sleep.