*This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Are you looking for some great heart-warming stories? We love animals in our home, we have two rescue dogs and rescuing rather than shopping is important to us. So when I saw that Dion Leonard had two new books coming out August 29th about an adorable little puppy named Gobi we had to check them out. This puppy has a big journey when he loses his owner in a city with more than 3 million people in it. Read along with Gobi the adorable little stray who is looking for his owner.
Finding Gobi The True Story of One Little Dog’s Big Journey by Dion Leonard is the young adult version of the book. Great for kids ages 8-12. My daughter just started reading chapter books so this is perfect for her. She is 8 and she loved the story. Full of edge of your seat excitement.
Gobi: A Little Dog with a Big Heart by Dion Leonard is the picture book version. Perfect for kiddos ages 4-8. I got this version for my granddaughter. The images are beautiful and the story is so sweet and heart-warming. It’s a great story with a wonderful message.
- Adopt, don’t shop! Animal welfare and reframing the way children and families look at rescue and shelter dogs
- Hope, even in difficult circumstances: There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, and you never know where you’ll make new friends
- Community: How the kindness of strangers across the globe helped to bring Dion and Gobi back together against seemingly impossible odds
- China and the Gobi Desert! Fun facts about the country, culture, and people of this far-flung part of the world
- Perseverance, courage, and working through obstacles: Valuable life lessons from the physical and mental challenges ultra-marathoners face
Pick Up Your Copy Today:
Disclosure: Parenting In Progress receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 225: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”