If you plan to use cloth diapers, which I highly recommend, Glow Bug diapers is a great source for all of your cloth diaper needs. Glow bug has some super cute and stylish designs that will look adorable on your little one. Glow Bug is great because they have put together some packages so you can choose the best option for you and have everything you need in one easy shipment that comes straight to your door. The process couldn’t be easier.
Top 3 Reasons to Choose Cloth Diapers:
Good for our environment-
Cloth diapers can be reused over and over again reducing the amount of waste that is thrown away. Making a much lighter footprint on our environment. It is estimated that a baby will use over 2000 diapers in a year, considering that most children are not potty trained until age 2-4 that is thousands of diapers that go into landfills every year. Just toss them in the diaper pails to wash ane reuse later.
Good for your pocketbook-
Just like it is good for the environment, it is also good for your finances. Yes there is an investment when you purchase your kit of cloth diapers but once you have your kit you can reuse them as many times as you would like. Glow Bug diapers are adjustable and feature adjustable button fasteners that can be adjusted as the child grows. The kit you purchase is designed to fit your child from birth until potty training. Considering that the average family spends $60 a month on diapers with a baby in the home and as mentioned before that this could go on for 2-4 years the overall cost is much higher with disposable diapers then with cloth.
Good for your baby-
Cloth diapers are just that cloth. No hidden chemicals to make them smell fresh or absorb liquids. Anytime your baby comes in contact with chemicals there is a chance for a reaction or allergy.
Chemicals in disposable diapers include:
- wood cellulose fiber (a fluffy paper-like material) Until the mid 80s, this bleached product was the primary absorbent part of disposable diapers. Now companies use this material with sodium polyacrylate
- sodium polyacrylate A super absorbent polymer (SAP) that turns from a powder to gel when exposed to liquids. Sodium Polyacrylate Material Safety Data Sheets warn injury can occur by breathing in the powder and recommend to wash with soap and water if powder or gel is exposed to skin
- polypropylene Considered a safe, food grade plastic. 280 million metric tonnes of it was produced in 2011 alone.
- polyethylene Is a similar compound to polypropylene but is sometimes contains phthalates. When we asked, we were told these diapers are tested to be phthalate free
Glow Bug cloth diapers are free of chemicals and allergens. Made of polyester. 100% polyester laminated with polyurethane on the outside and our exclusive SlimDry material is 100% polyester on the inside. Their microfiber inserts are 70% polyester and 30% nylon. Their bamboo inserts are made of 2 layers of bamboo viscose, cotton and polyester blend and 1 layer of microfiber.
Why Buy Glow Bug:
Glow Bug has put all of the benefits of cloth diapers into one style. Here are some of the benefits and features that set them apart from other cloth diapers.
- Like a pocket-style diaper but with two openings called a sleeve-style diaper that is easier to stuff and adjust
- The outer waterproof part and the unique SlimDry lining are sewn together along the sides and the openings are in the top and back but are covered by waterproof flaps to prevent leaks
- The inner lining has a special patent-pending round elastic feature called a 360 gusset that traps mess in the center of the diaper to prevent blow-outs
- The diaper is attached and adjusted using snaps and is one-size from 7 lbs – 35+ lbs
- The newborn crossover snaps on the tabs get the diaper really small for tiny newborns
- The additional hip snaps on the tabs help to keep the diaper from drooping on active babies
- The inserts attach with snaps so that the diaper can be used as either an AIO or a pocket
- There are 3 different insert options; bamboo, microfiber and overnight/heavy wetter Mr. Clock contoured 4 layer inserts
- Glow Bug Cloth Diapers are sold either in packages with 12 diapers, 12 bamboo or microfiber inserts, 6 Mr. Clock inserts and 1 waterproof wet bag or in Sample Kits with one of each item to try
- The waterproof layer in the diapers and the wet bags are made of polyester that is laminated with polyurethane
- The packages are available in 3 collections of prints that change every year and hold their re-sale value
- Glow Bug Cloth Diapers are cheaper than AIOs, AI2s and most pocket diapers and are very easy to use, are quick to wash and dry, have less blow-outs and are very trim
You can learn more about Glow Bug Diapers on their Website.
Disclosure: Parenting In Progress receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 225: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”