*This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Halloween is one of my absolute favorite times of the year, besides Christmas, it’s my favorite holiday. So every year we love to go all out. Since my kiddos love crafts we like to do lots of Halloween themed crafts throughout the month of October. Sometimes crafts can get expensive though, especially if you are doing a lot of them. Or with a large group, I also volunteer with my daughter’s Girl Scout troop so do a Halloween craft with a group of 20-25 little girls can add up quickly. My favorite place to shop all things Halloween is Dollar Tree. Did you know you can order everything they have in their store online at dollartree.com? They will ship right to your door, no need to even leave your house. Best part everything is only $1! Now we can have our Halloween craft days without breaking the bank! Here are five really fun crafts that you can make with items from DollarTree.com.
Spooky Google Eye Creations:
Googly Eye Picture Frame:
Find a picture frame with a pretty nice edge on it. Apply super glue to a small area and attach googly eyes. Continue this process until your frame is covered.
Googly Eye Mummified Candles:
Use the glue to attach an secure gauze around the outside of a glass candle holder. Once covered add googly eyes to bring it to life. Now add a tea light to the inside to make them extra spooky.
Halloween Photo Prop Frame:
- One Black Foam Board
- One Straight Edge Cutter
- Stapler with Staples
- Two Rolls Black Deco Mesh
- Three Large Glitter Spiders
- Three 2-pk. Medium Glitter Spiders
- Three 2-pk. Giant Googly Eyes
- 1-pk. Hot Glue Sticks
- Glue Gun
- Cut out the middle of the foam board, leaving a 5″ border around the edges to create the frame. Reserve middle of foam board for other awesome craft projects!
- Take first roll of deco mesh and unroll 2″. Staple the middle of the unrolled mesh to one corner of the frame.
- Holding the roll, unroll another 5″ of mesh, then (creating an arch) staple that to the frame approximately 2″ from your last staple (so about 3″ are up in an arch sticking out from the frame).
- Still holding the roll, unroll another 5″ of mesh, turn the roll 180°, then (creating a “turned arch”) staple that to the frame approximately 2″ from your last staple (so about 3″ are in the turned arch sticking out from the frame — this is what creates the deco mesh bubble effect).
- Alternate arches and turned arches around the frame, using two full rolls of deco mesh. Secure googly eyes and spiders, or any other creepy thing you want, using hot glue. Secure frame to a stand, or have guests hold the frame while they take pictures.
Decorate A Pumpkin:
Best part about this project is that there really is no rules. Just set out the materials and let the imagination go wild!
Deco Mesh Wreath:
• One Clear Glass Bowl
• Three Glass Taper Candleholders
• Black Nontoxic Paint
• Glass Glue
• Halloween Baking Cups
• Cake Mix & Icing/Frosting
• Halloween Lantern
• Halloween Figurine with Dangling Legs
Grab Your Must Have Halloween Craft Supplies Today:
Disclosure: Parenting In Progress receives products in order to conduct reviews. No monetary compensation was provided unless noted otherwise. All opinions are 100% my own. Some posts may contain affiliate links that I receive commission or payment from in exchange for referrals. In the event of a giveaway, the sponsor is responsible for delivery of the prize, unless otherwise noted in the posting. I only recommend products or services I personally use and believe will be a good fit for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 225: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”